[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server_3.2.2-1_all.deb installs Erlang 14b?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 2 12:38:01 GMT 2014

Hi Ryan,

On 30/12/13 18:08, Ryan Brown wrote:
> During install, the rabbit package installs 14b over the 16 install.
> I assume this is dues to where the ESL package gets installed by
> default. (?) Any ideas of how can I prevent this from happening?

The RabbitMQ package declares a dependency on the disjunction of
"erlang-nox" (>= 1:13.b.3) and "esl-erlang". It is up to the package
manager whether to consider dependencies or how these get resolved.
Depending on which command your fabric script uses to install the deb
you could request it not to perform dependency analysis. Only do this if
you know that this won't result in errors.

-Emile