[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: RabbitMQ configuration

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 2 14:05:58 GMT 2014

Hi,

On 26/12/13 09:16, Halil İbrahim SÜMER wrote:
> Does RabbitMQ supports server ping service or any other mechanism
> that catch socket connection lost on the client side. If there is
> any, could you help me with setting it.

Keepalives are part of the MQTT specification and supported by the paho
client. (see set & getKeepAliveInterval in MqttConnectOptions). While
the broker will respond to a PINGREQ frame with a with PINGRESP as per
the specification, it will not pro-actively disconnect clients that fail
to make contact with the broker within the keepalive interval negotiated
during CONNECT. This will be added in a future version of the broker.

> Another thing is my subscriptions expires even if there are messages
> waiting to deliver to the clients, is there any configuration to close.

See the documentation for the subscription_ttl configuration option.
Disable or increase it.

> The last thing, I've read all your documentation on your
> page http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html. I've checked my rabbitMQ
> installation directory where RabbitMQ config file should exsists "config
> file(s) : /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config" but I couldn't found any
> "rabbitmq.config" file.

By default there is no config file. The documentation states:
"The location of these files is distribution-specific. By default, they
are not created,"

> If I create a config file on the directory and save my
> configurations. Does RabbitMQ checks the directory and configure new
> settings or do I need to set "rabbitmq.config" file directory to
> other RabbitMQ configuration files.
You can create one if you need to. The documentation states:
"If rabbitmq.config doesn't exist, it can be created manually."

-Emile