[rabbitmq-discuss] Relocate Rabbit log files on Windows 2008R2

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jul 30 04:11:37 BST 2014

On 30 July 2014 at 05:45:03, Scott McFadden (scott.kendall.mcfadden at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I then restarted the RabbitMQ service via the MMC snapin for
> services.
>
> Unfortunately, the log files still write to C:\Users\smcfadden\AppData\Roaming\RabbitMQ
> instead of C:\Logs\RabbitMQ

From http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html:

«Create or edit the system variable name and value. For environment changes to take effect on Windows, the service must be re-installed. It is not sufficient to restart the service.»

As a side note, the official RabbitMQ mailing list is rabbitmq-users. rabbitmq-discuss
is an unofficial mirror to the legacy list.

Please use groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users as rabbitmq-discuss will be
completely discontinued on Oct 1st.
--
MK