[rabbitmq-discuss] Django-Celery, RabbitMQ creating queue without messages in it.

Sett Wai sett.wai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:38:48 GMT 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my Django-Celery(2.5.5)
and RabbitMQ(2.7.1 / R14B04) for a while now.

Basically, when firing off a task using .delay() in Celery, RabbitMQ
manages to create a queue for it but it stays forever 'pending' according
to Celery. Also, when running `# rabbitmqctl list_queues` the
total_messages in the queue remain 0 forever.

For more context, I have a stackoverflow question
here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20857712/django-celery-and-rabbitmq-not-executing-tasks

Does anyone know anything about this behaviour? This has been running fine
on a production environment for months.

Thank you!