[rabbitmq-discuss] pika/puka

Laing, Michael michael.laing at nytimes.com
Thu Jan 2 20:12:45 GMT 2014

pika doesn't use threads.

You can do your own event loop by writing a connector...

However the tornado event loop is plenty fast, or libev if you are
adventurous (9.14).

They are both significantly faster than select (the default).

We use the libev connector in our AMQP/sockjs/websocket gateway launching
today (fully deployed next week).

Where we don't need a combined event loop, we use tornado, which is more
battle-proven.

ml