[rabbitmq-discuss] Delayed messages to specific queue

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 19 19:12:04 BST 2014

On 18/08/14 15:03, Nikola wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi. This list is being closed down soon, I suggest you start using
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users.

> I have read this page from docs http://www.rabbitmq.com/dlx.html and
> found examples in PHP which work fine.
>
> However, it looks to me that there is no way to do what we need :(
>
> Our web app is publishing messages to specific queues, using both
> exchange and queue name. Exchange is "direct" type and behind every
> queue there are several consumers working in load-balancing mode.
>
> For dead-letter messages, it looks to me only new exchange
> (x-dead-letter-exchange) and routing-key (x-dead-letter-routing-key),
> but not new queue name. New queue name is important so that delayed
> message is sent to appropriate consumer.

If you want to dead-letter to a specific queue, set the
x-dead-letter-exchange to "" and the x-dead-letter-routing-key to the
queue name - it works just like publishing a message through the default
exchange.

Cheers, Simon