[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue federation modifying routing keys in transit

Simon Holness simon.holness at red-gate.com
Fri Nov 29 12:49:48 GMT 2013

Hi all,

We're just trying out Queue Federation (using 3.2.1) and seeing what appears, to us, to be an odd behaviour. I wonder if someone could tell us if it's expected behaviour, a misconfiguration on our part or a bug?

We typically have queues named after the services which connect to them, e.g. "my.download.service"

Messages typically have somewhat unrelated routing keys, e.g. "download.started"

When we post a "download.started" message to the upstream exchange, the message received by the downstream consumer has type "my.download.service" (which is promptly rejected because we care about message types).

FWIW we tested with exchange federation instead and that all works fine.

Any enlightenment welcome.

Thanks,
Simon Holness