[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue federation modifying routing keys in transit

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 29 14:22:44 GMT 2013

Hi. It's expected behaviour - the messages are republished by the
federation mechanism, which means they need to be published to the
default exchange with the queue name as routing key.

I see how this is unhelpful though, but I'm not sure of a good way round
it. We could maybe use http://www.rabbitmq.com/sender-selected.html
somehow but then we'd need a way to make sure the original routing key
wasn't used for routing. Hmm.

This doesn't constitute a problem in the exchange federation case
because we republish with the original routing key since we don't need
to route to a particular queue.

Cheers, Simon