[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika connection negotiation behavior

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sat Mar 16 10:27:07 GMT 2013

Gavin,

On 15/03/13 22:18, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> So for the point of clarity, this is the behavior of the Java, .net and
> erlang client libraries -- is it the proper behavior? Should it be changed?

It's reasonably sensible behaviour, imo. The spec is silent on the matter.

> The documentation for RabbitMQ's server configuration does not specify
> that this is (can be for some clients) the max value.

The server doesn't know or care what the clients do. It simply sends out
a suggested value and accepts whatever comes back.

> I'm inclined to change it in pika due to the non-documented and
> non-specified behavior.

What is the motivation for that? I can't think of many circumstances
where it might be desirable to exceed the default interval of 10 minutes.

Regards,

Matthias.