[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster not running - getting Error: {cannot_discover_cluster, "The nodes provided are either offline or not running" error

Nicolas Menoux nicolas.menoux at nickyintheclouds.com
Fri Mar 15 08:20:39 GMT 2013

Hi,

I think ssh is not the problem as it is completely outside from the scope.
Did you check that you could ping the nodes each other. As you mentioned,
you got a 2 node cluster so you have hostname1 and hostname2. In your slave
hostname2 node, when you launch the join_cluster command, the node is
trying to contact the instance rabbit at hostname1. Please check the instance
is running on the master node (hostname1) and check you could ping it. You
could edit your /etc/hosts to set the IP of the two nodes and try your
join_cluster again.

Regards,

Nicolas