[rabbitmq-discuss] Possible memory leak in the management plugin
tmehlinger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 03:09:21 BST 2013
We recently upgraded RabbitMQ from 3.0.4 to 3.1.1 after noticing two bug
fixes in 3.1.0 related to our RabbitMQ deployment:
- 25524 fix memory leak in mirror queue slave with many short-lived
- 25290 fix per-queue memory leak recording stats for mirror queue slaves
However, in our case, it seems that the management plugin may still have a
memory leak. We have a monitoring agent that hits the REST API to gather
information about the broker (number of queues, queue depth, etc.). With
the monitoring agent running and making requests against the API, memory
consumption steadily increased; when we stopped the agent, memory
consumption in the management plugin leveled off.
Here a couple graphs detailing memory consumption in the broker (the
figures are parsed from rabbitmqctl report). The first graph shows the ebb
and flow of memory consumption in a number of components and the second
shows just consumption by the management plugin. You can see pretty clearly
where we stopped the monitoring agent at 1:20.
We have two clustered brokers, both running RabbitMQ 3.1.1 on Erlang
R14B-04.1. There are typically around 200 queues, about 20 of which are
mirrored. There are generally about 200 consumers. Messages are rarely
queued and most queues typically sit idle.
I'll be happy to provide any further diagnostic information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss