[rabbitmq-discuss] Consistent Exchange Only if Consumers?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 19 11:13:10 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 19/02/13 10:47, Ernest Staszuk wrote:
> There is workaround if someone insist to choose dead lettering - use
> right combination of message ttl and x-lease time.

Thanks for correcting me. You are entirely correct that DLX will not
have any effect on the contents of a queue being deleted.

And yes, the best workaround that I could come up with also is a
combination of message and queue TTL where the messages expire before
the queue does. In addition to DLX this will empty the queue, delete the
queue and send the contents to the dead-letter-exchange.

-Emile