[rabbitmq-discuss] Consistent Exchange Only if Consumers?

Ernest Staszuk ernest.staszuk at comarch.pl
Tue Feb 19 10:47:32 GMT 2013

On 02/19/2013 11:28 AM, Emile Joubert wrote:
> You could consider using auto-delete queues together with dead-letter
> exchanges to make sure that messages are no longer routed to queues that
> belonged to consumers that crashed, and that any messages left in such
> queues are available for processing.
I am afraid that will not work. I remember that when I tried a config
that you suggest messages
hadn't been dead-lettered at queue deletion. According to documentation
dead-lettering is
triggered by eihter:

  * The message is rejected (basic.reject or basic.nack) with
    requeue=false; or
  * The TTL for the message expires.

There is workaround if someone insist to choose dead lettering - use
right combination of message ttl and x-lease time.