[rabbitmq-discuss] Consistent Exchange Only if Consumers?

François Beausoleil francois at teksol.info
Tue Feb 19 15:31:30 GMT 2013

Le 2013-02-19 à 06:13, Emile Joubert a écrit :

> On 19/02/13 10:47, Ernest Staszuk wrote:
>> There is workaround if someone insist to choose dead lettering - use
>> right combination of message ttl and x-lease time.
>
> Thanks for correcting me. You are entirely correct that DLX will not
> have any effect on the contents of a queue being deleted.
>
> And yes, the best workaround that I could come up with also is a
> combination of message and queue TTL where the messages expire before
> the queue does. In addition to DLX this will empty the queue, delete the
> queue and send the contents to the dead-letter-exchange.

Thank you both for your answers.

I switched my design to use durable queues and made my consumers attach to the same queue based on hostname % total number of queues. I have to carry around the total number of queues, but it's not too much of a problem since I use Puppet to setup all that configuration.

Have a great day!
François