[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Exchange Advice

Ilya Volodarsky ilya at segment.io
Thu Sep 6 19:58:27 BST 2012

Thanks Simon. I was using RabbitMQ management console to set up the
exchange to exchange bindings, and the upstream exchanges showed up as
"production-ingestion from rabbit at hostname", and when I tried to bind
ingestion to production-ingestion, it wouldn't let me saying that the
exchange didnt exist. I had to give the full upstream exchange name which
looked precarious since it contained the actual hostname of the connecting
computer.

Do you think that doing that / or using RMQ management console could have
something to do with it?

Thanks,

Ilya