[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Exchange Advice

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 6 10:43:15 BST 2012

So this certainly sounds like it *should* work. At the very least, part
of our test suite asserts that e2e bindings get routed upstream just
like queue bindings :-)

I think one way to simplify what you're doing would be for the staging
broker to just contain a federated "ingestion" exchange, with an
upstream of the production server's "ingestion" exchange, with no extra
intermediate exchanges. (The upstream exchange does not need to be
federated, unless it in turn has upstreams.) That sounds like a simpler
way to get what you want, but what you are trying *should* work.

One possibility is that you haven't set up some of the intermediate
bindings correctly? If you want to proceed with your current setup you
could try binding queues to each exchange in the chain and seeing how
far messages are getting.

Cheers, Simon