[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP gem(s) and Unicorn

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:34:47 GMT 2012

2012/10/28 Mark <static.void.dev at gmail.com>

> Is this the case? Is the async AMQP gem recommend in production Unicorn
> environments?

You can use either but Bunny has limitations, performs poorly and needs a
ground-up rewrite.

> Another question regarding the documentation on connecting to Unicorn:
> http://rubyamqp.info/articles/connecting_to_broker/#using_ruby_amqp_gem_with_unicorn How
> come it doesn't include the use of: AMQP::Utilities::EventLoopHelper.run
> or AMQP::Integration::Rails.start? I understand that a new thread must be
> created in the after_fork but is the AMQP::Integration::Rails.start
> necessary or can/should that be used in any controller/action where we
> intend to use AMQP?

The docs were written before EventLoopHelper was added. And no, you should
not go through the whole
connection process on every action. Do it once on boot.

--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin