[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq admin - read message as text/string etc..

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 31 11:24:53 BST 2012

On 30/05/12 20:44, ws_dev2001 wrote:
> BTW, Line 90 on said script (rabbitmqadmin) does not have 'encoding' listed
> as a parameter (mandatory/optional). Local fix followed but I can't see the
> text of the message in the queue using the rabbitmqadmin cli.

This was fixed in 2.8.0; "rabbitmqadmin get" was just broken before that
I'm afraid. If you don't want to upgrade your server you can just grab
the latest released rabbitmqadmin from:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v2_8_2/bin/rabbitmqadmin

Since in general the HTTP API does not change much it should be compatible.

> I am trying to read the message contents/payload of published messages from
> my queue. however, as per the script, encoding other than auto/base64 is not
> supported. Can someone help on this ?

However, it's worth noting that auto and base64 are the only encodings
supported by the HTTP API - we can't force a message body to be a string
if it isn't.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen