[rabbitmq-discuss] Urgent issue with rabbitmq

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 30 09:22:15 BST 2012

Aishwarya,

On 30/05/12 09:01, Aishwarya Singhal wrote:
> =INFO REPORT==== 30-May-2012::05:05:37 ===
> Memory limit set to 238MB of 595MB total.
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 30-May-2012::05:05:37 ===
> vm_memory_high_watermark set. Memory used:305654848 allowed:249715097
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 30-May-2012::05:05:37 ===
>      alarm_handler: {set,{{resource_limit,memory,'rabbit at xxxx'},
>                           []}}

Ah, so it's the memory rather than the disk limit that has been exceeded.

Rabbit shouldn't be using anywhere near the 300M indicated above unless
you have thousands of resources (exchanges, queues, bindings), thousands
of connections, or millions of messages.

I suggest you inspect the state of your rabbit with the various
"rabbitmqctl list_*" commands or using the management UI.

Also, what version of rabbit are you running? If it's not the latest
(2.8.2) then please upgrade.

Regards,

Matthias.