[rabbitmq-discuss] Upgrade 2.7.1 RabbitMQ cluster to 2.8.1 version

Rader Lei rader.net at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:04:37 BST 2012

Hi Eslam,

I guess Brendan means:
1.set up a new cluster, maybe only one node, running new version of
rabbitmq like 2.8.1
2.redirect some of your clients to the new cluster (you can't go too fast,
the new cluster couldn't not handle too many clients)
3.upgrade one node in the old cluster to the new version of rabbitmq
4.add the node upgraded to the new cluster
5. redirect some of your clients to the new cluster
6.repeat step 3 to 5 until all nodes upgraded and all clients redirected to
the new cluster

To create rabbitmq cluster, rabbitmqctl command is the only way to achieve
as I know.