[rabbitmq-discuss] sending zipped message

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 23 09:59:39 BST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 05:42:45AM -0300, José Micó wrote:
> On 05/23/2012 05:24 AM, Mohsen Lotfizad wrote:
> >As you see some of my messages should be compress along witch some
> >others shouldn't.
> >Is there any way I could set any properties to tell the consumer
> >that "hey! this is a zipped message" ?
>
> You should use the "content encoding" attribute.

Yeah, that would be fine too. But just to be clear, Rabbit never looks
at any of these headers - rabbit always treats the payload as entirely
opaque and just forwards it on to consumers as necessary. How you
arrange agreement between producers and consumers of the type of the
payload is entirely up to you.

Matthew