[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ termination error question

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 16 18:54:36 BST 2012

On 15/05/12 00:11, Chen, Bin wrote:
> I am using version 2.7.1.

You should upgrade. 2.8.2 contains a number of stability improvements.

> The error didn't cause the server crash immediately. The server crashed
> about 3 hours later, instead.

In that case the rabbit_mgmt_db error is unlikely to be cause. Were
there any errors in the logs just before the crash? Did you get an
erl_crash.dump?

> Could this be a memory related problem? The memory high watermark is set
> to 819.2 MB by default.
> Is it safe to raise it to 1819.2 MB?  I am running RabbitMQ on 64-bit
> windows 2008 server.

If rabbit is crashing because it is running out of memory then
increasing the high watermark is the opposite of what you'd want to do.

Regards,

Matthias.