[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ connection question

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 14 11:20:06 BST 2012

On 11/05/12 22:25, Jon Taylor wrote:

> I'm looking for some input on an issue connecting to to RabbitMQ with
> PHP or an admin tool/plugin. My service is reporting to be running now
> that it is configured.
>
> I have set up this send.php and receive.php example from:
> https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-tutorials/tree/master/php. I am not
> able to connect to the service.

Error messages from the client? Anything in the server-side logs?

> I tried to install a status plugin without success:
> http://www.lshift.net/blog/2009/11/30/introducing-rabbitmq-status-plugin

The status plugin is ancient and has been superseded by the management
plugin. The management plugin for RabbitMQ 2.2.0 is available from

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.2.0/

but 2.2.0 is quite old and the management plugin was quite crude at that
point. I would suggest you upgrade to RabbitMQ 2.8.2 and enable
management as described at http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html

> Also I can't install/run the command line management tools (I would use
> this to verify the service and test it):
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/management-cli.html

I think rabbitmqadmin needs Python 2.6 at least. Python 2.4 is
definitely too old.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen