[rabbitmq-discuss] immediate, mandatory flag with no consumers

Unni, Monish munni at etrade.com
Fri May 4 05:19:08 BST 2012

np, emile, thanks.
i got this code working ... however .. :),

what i am doing for the jvm is the following:
1] provide a configuration for clients to connect using configuration = number_of_connections, number_of_channels
when a client configures "number_of_connections = 2 , number_of channels = 3" , the idea is to allow the client to get an effective throughput of 2 x 3 (i.e 3 channels per connection ) = 6

2] for publishing messages i use a connection with a request channel. for receiving messages, i start consumers on *it's own connection* ( for throughput ).
i am guessing this is the reason the code was not working for me ( since, the return callback listener was on a different connection )

so, questions:
* is it okay to pair request-reply channels and use the same connection to provide "maximum" concurrency?
* how can we get this feature working for "C" clients ( C- api ) ?
* and last : is my understanding right ( from observation ) that the request channel and reply-channels have to share the same connection for this feature to work?

thanks and regards,
-monish