[rabbitmq-discuss] Failed to add an exchange via the web interface

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 23 10:44:36 GMT 2012

On 23/03/12 07:36, Lionel Cons wrote:
> If indeed the error comes from type mismatch (short expected and longstr
> provided), could the web interface allow specifying the arguments types?

I've wanted to avoid doing this if at all possible; it makes the UI more
confusing and means that we can't rely on the inherent JSON types any
more; other API users would have to annotate too.

The way we handle this in Rabbit proper is to allow any number type for
a number, any string type for a string. This also reduces hassle for
people declaring things over AMQP. Tony - is there a reason not to do this?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware