[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection attempt from disallowed node question

Derek Greer dbgreer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:17:37 GMT 2012

Thanks for the help.  I believe I have the problem resolved now.  What
seems to be the issue is that our network logins don't point to the local
user home directory.  This does raise another question, however.  On my
local machine, opening up the cmd.exe shell drops me in
C:\Users\[MyUserId]\ folder.  Within this folder, I have an .erlang.cookie
file that matches the C:\Windows\.erlang.cookie file.  The values for my
HOMEDIR and HOMEPATH variables are H: and \ respectively, and I found that
there was also a .erlang.cookie file in that folder as well that didn't
match.  At what point did each of these files get created?  I'm assuming
that the Erlang installer created a cookie in one of the folders while
running an erlang process for the first time user my user created the
other.  Could this be an issue with the installer perhaps?

Derek

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Emile Joubert <emile at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> Hi Derek,
>
> On 14/03/12 11:32, Emile Joubert wrote:
> > You can obtain the hash of the cookie by turning on console logging (set
> > RABBITMQ_CONSOLE_LOG to new or reuse) and checking the line starting
> > with "cookie hash    :".
>
> On 14/03/12 11:51, Derek Greer wrote:
> > The cookie files are the same between the user and the Windows
> > directory cookie. I'm assuming this means the service process somehow
> > couldn't locate the windows cookie file?  How do I see the logs for
> > the installed service?
>
> See the instructions at these links
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows-manual.html
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmq-service.man.html
>
> for how to set RABBITMQ_CONSOLE_LOG and obtain the startup banner. This
> will provide the cookie hash of the running broker. You can compare this
> value with the error messages from rabbitmqctl.bat to confirm whether
> the cookie values are indeed the same.
>

> -Emile

Derek Greer
dbgreer at gmail.com     | @derekgreer <http://twitter.com/derekgreer>