[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection attempt from disallowed node question

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 14 11:58:01 GMT 2012

Hi Derek,

On 14/03/12 11:51, Derek Greer wrote:
> The cookie files are the same between the user and the Windows
> directory cookie. I'm assuming this means the service process somehow
> couldn't locate the windows cookie file?  How do I see the logs for
> the installed service?

See the instructions at these links

http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows-manual.html
http://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmq-service.man.html

for how to set RABBITMQ_CONSOLE_LOG and obtain the startup banner. This
will provide the cookie hash of the running broker. You can compare this
value with the error messages from rabbitmqctl.bat to confirm whether
the cookie values are indeed the same.

-Emile