[rabbitmq-discuss] Help needed for .NET API for RabbitMQ.

Bikram Bhuyan bikrambhuyan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 20:14:02 GMT 2012

Hi Guys,

I need some help in my below requirement for implementing RabbitMQ for
.NET. Could you please help me in providing right pointer to API which can
be used to achieve this task.

1. I am right now working on a batch process in C# .net with RabbitMQ as
the communication channel.

2. I have one producer which runs every 15 minutes and put the request to
the queue with the TaskId (Say 12345) to the Queue.

3. My consumer takes the TaskId from the queue and process the other logic.

The consumer normally takes a lot of time to complete the task around 30
minutes or more, as it is a batch process which do a lot of activities. So
a lot of request are added to the queue by producer modules. So I am having
a lot of back logs for the same task id (12345) over a period of time.

So I wanted to implement the logic that if the message (12345) already
exists in the queue (not processed completely) I don’t wanted to add it to
the queue for this id (12345). Could you please send me the details of the
API calls which will give me the list of messages in a queue so that I can
have my own logic to check if the message already exists.

Thanks,

Bikram.