[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crash after few hours

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 22 17:07:41 GMT 2012

On 22/02/12 16:13, Artsiom wrote:
> /usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-env: fork: retry: Resource temporarily
> unavailable

This implies that you're running into some OS-imposed limit on the
number of (OS not Erlang) processes. When you do that, Bad Things are
likely to happen.

I also see a bunch of errors along the lines of:

=ERROR REPORT==== 14-Feb-2012::20:51:30 ===
Mnesia(wosnfs at dell39): ** ERROR ** mnesia_event got
{inconsistent_database, running_partitioned_network, wosnfs at dell33}

in machine 4's log, which is another bad sign - RabbitMQ clusters are
not designed to tolerate network partitions.

I'll look into some of the other error messages that are showing up in
your logs; it's possible some of then are real, but you have some bad
things going on underneath RabbitMQ - you need to sort those out first,

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware