[rabbitmq-discuss] Active/Active: shutdown of one service brings down the cluster

Vadim Chekan kot.begemot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:40:05 GMT 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks for looking into the logs. Since we fixed channel leak in our
application we do not experience any problems anymore.

Regarding transient queues in HA. I am just not sure how system would
behave when non-HA queue is declared in a cluster environment.
Documentation describes in great details what happen to mirrored queues but
I can't find anything about non-ha queue in HA cluster. Queue will be
created on a single server, and application should be ready to re-declare
queue in case of failover. So far so good. But how does it work with load
balancer? When request is made against a server which does not have a given
queue, will the cluster "know" where the queue is and proxy the request to
the proper server?

Thanks,
Vadim.