[rabbitmq-discuss] Presence Exchange Related Question

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 8 11:10:23 GMT 2012

On 03/02/12 21:28, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> Yes, you could do that (though you might have trouble correlating the
> log messages with application-level entities). I don't think there's
> anything much cleaner you could do using the built-in features, though.
> Stepping away from built-ins, the presence exchange would probably
> simplify things in terms of the code you'd need to write, but at the
> cost of running a third-party plugin.

There's also an internal event stream which the management plugin hooks
into which broadcasts {queue|connection|channel} {created|deleted} events.

I have sometimes wondered about writing a plugin which just hooks this
up to an exchange, but I'm not sure how useful such a raw-ish stream
would be. Anyone?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen