[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client connection shutdown codes

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 6 10:27:25 GMT 2012

Hi Simone,

On 03/02/12 23:54, Simone Busoli wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to figure out what values the ShutdownEventArgs.ReplyCode
> property can be assigned by the .NET client.

Thanks for your feedback. There is a relative scarcity of error codes.
The AMQP specification only defines only a small number, which means
that some codes have to be re-used. "Precondition failed" (406) is a
good example of a code that is widely used, so the code alone does not
identify a unique problem.

The code in your example is "Internal error" (541). This code should be
read as an error class and you need to inspect the error message for
more detail.

-Emile