[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Problem with plugin development guide example

Tim Pizey timp at paneris.org
Mon Mar 21 09:44:03 GMT 2011

On 18 March 2011 22:06, Jerry Kuch wrote:

>> Suggestion: Add the trivial plugin to the standard build so that
>> it stays up to date with coding changes.  Developers love examples
>> that work, which has been one of the reasons for Rabbit's success.
>
> Thanks very much for the suggestion.  We've had a couple of internal
> discussions lately about ways we might help automate the keeping of
> things like samples, documentation and tutorials up to date with the
> reality of the code and APIs.

Set the examples up in Jenkins.

> I hope we'll do better in the future,
> and apologize that you had a bumpy initial experience.

Presumably you are getting quite good take up from developers,
so what path are those that do not fall into the pothole that Jim and
I did taking?

Documented examples failing is quite some fail.

Looking forwards to playing when the primrose path is a little flatter.

cheers
Tim

--
Tim Pizey