[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with plugin development guide example

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 18 17:42:59 GMT 2011

Jim Irrer <irrer at umich.edu> writes:
> hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella -r bug23568

bug23568 is a major overhaul of our plugin build system.  It is
documented in README.makefiles, but the plugin development instructions
on the website won't get updated until it is merged and released.
Trying to use that branch while referring to the website can only lead
to confusion.

To be honest, I don't think outside parties should be using that branch
unless they are comfortable with Erlang development and the idea that
they are using a branch that is as yet unmerged for good reasons.

I don't know what "the bug23274 fix" is that led you to use this branch,
but you are probably better off working around whatever that issue is
than trying bug23568.

David

--
David Wragg