[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-Shovel Timer-Based Publishing Possible?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 17 16:19:20 GMT 2011

Allen,

Allen Kim wrote:
> I might have guessed wrongly that message is not delivered/consumed before
> transaction is committed.
> If you say the message is delivered/consumed before the transaction
> committed(unacknowledged), it is good enough for us.

Reliable publication requires use of either tx or confirm mode. The
latter is far more efficient. The two recommendations I posted for
handling your use case without resorting to timers or counters - one
using tx and one using confirm - were based on the assumption that your
use of tx was solely in order to ensure guaranteed message transmission.
That does indeed appear to be the case.

Regards,

Matthias.