[rabbitmq-discuss] Error code 404 NOT_FOUND when declaring a queue in a clustered server (using .NET client)

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 25 18:19:29 GMT 2011

On 25/02/11 11:09, Alfonso wrote:
> After the error SERVER_2 behavoir was strange. I created via consumer
> another queue on it (a queue name didn't exist in SERVER_1 which
> remained offline) and the queue were created but on the web admin all
> its attributes were marked as "?" (Ready ?, Unacked ?, Total ?). I
> also saw that sending a message had no effect on this as all
> attributes continued being "?".

rabbitmq-management will show "?" for these items when it can't get
information from its statistics database for them. This could be for one
of several reasons:

* SERVER_2 does not have rabbitmq-management-agent installed
   - in which case all queues on that node will show "?"

* The management statistics database was located on the offline server
   - The stats database will come up on only one node in a cluster, that
     node will be one of the ones the full management plugin is
     installed on. If that node goes down you will lose statistics.

* The management statistics database was located on a server that was
   restarted while the rest of the cluster stayed up.
   - Unfortunately it doesn't deal well with that situation.

Note that the location of the stats database is displayed on the
overview page.

Does one of these sound like it might be what happened?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ