[rabbitmq-discuss] Error code 404 NOT_FOUND when declaring a queue in a clustered server (using .NET client)

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 25 11:17:00 GMT 2011

Hi,

In a cluster, if a there's a durable queue on a down'ed node,
redeclaring that queue on another node will fail with NOT_FOUND.  The
only way to solve this is to bring back up the node holding the queue.

This seems to be what you're seeing, but you say all the queues were
declared on the online node.  Are you sure that's the case?

Does bringing the other node up solve the problem?

Once up, can you delete the queue, redeclare it on SERVER_1, take down
SERVER_2 again and check if the problem still happens?

BTW, in the next message, you seem to have reversed SERVER_1 and
SERVER_2.

Cheers,
Alex