[rabbitmq-discuss] Naming RabbitMQ nodes with complete domain names

Max Bridgewater max.bridgewater at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 21:07:56 GMT 2011

Thanks Alvaro. Unfortunately this still doesn't work for me. The steps
I followed are:

a) Stop rabbitmq
b) Change the option -sname to -name in rabbitmq-multi
c) Change the node name initialization in rabbitmq-env from
NODENAME=rabbit@${HOSTNAME%%.*} to #NODENAME=rabbit@${HOSTNAME}
d) Change the node names in rabbitmq.config to use full host names.
e) Cleare the mnesia database.
f) Reboot the complete machine
g) Start rabbitmq

The error message remains the same:
{error_logger,{{2011,2,19},{16,4,40}},"Can't set short node
name!\nPlease check your configuration\n",[]}

Regards,
Max.