[rabbitmq-discuss] Naming RabbitMQ nodes with complete domain names

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sat Feb 19 22:52:21 GMT 2011

Max,

Max Bridgewater wrote:
> Thanks Alvaro. Unfortunately this still doesn't work for me. The steps
> I followed are:
>
> a) Stop rabbitmq
> b) Change the option -sname to -name in rabbitmq-multi

You'd also need to change this in rabbitmq-server.

However, ...

I'd suggest configuring your local name resolution s.t. the hostname of
the machine rabbit is running on resolves to the correct IP. That way
you don't have to mess with long names.

Btw, what are you trying to accomplish with JInterface?

Regards,

Matthias.