[rabbitmq-discuss] Is the C client a show-stopper for rabbit?

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 15 13:11:23 GMT 2011

Jiri

We are certainly willing to improve the C client and it is something
that is on the "todo" list.  I am not the right person to comment on
the main areas of proposed improvement.  The C client is not covered
by our standard commercial support at present but this is always
evolving and we would also consider custom support arrangements on a
case by case basis -- perhaps we could take that off-list?

Yes there is a C++ wrapper which is here: https://github.com/akalend/amqpcpp

I have cc'd the author, Alexandre.

In relation to performance, as always it comes down to what your use
cases are.  The Rabbit implementation is quite efficient, in most
cases but not all.  What kind of scenarios did you have in mind?

alexis