[rabbitmq-discuss] Is the C client a show-stopper for rabbit?

Jiri Krutil jiri at krutil.com
Tue Feb 15 13:52:07 GMT 2011

Alexis

> We are certainly willing to improve the C client and it is something
> that is on the "todo" list.

That would be great.

> Yes there is a C++ wrapper which is here: https://github.com/akalend/amqpcpp

Will look at it. Did you consider referencing it from
www.rabbitmq.com/how.html#clients ?

> In relation to performance, as always it comes down to what your use
> cases are.  The Rabbit implementation is quite efficient, in most
> cases but not all.  What kind of scenarios did you have in mind?

Our use case might look like this:
- mostly pub/sub messaging with topic exchanges and word-based binding
key matching
- few producers and hundreds or thousands of consumers using the same exchange
- no need for persistency or delivery guarantees, no transactions
- mostly auto-acking messages
- message payload usually less than 2 Kb
- relying on order of message delivery to a large extent (but never
reject or not ack messages)
- we need low latency

Jiri