[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to start Rabbit Server or Service

Paul Winters paul.j.winters at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:43:09 GMT 2011

Emile,
Thanks so much, here are the answers to your questions.

Are you running the broker as an application or a service? Broker for now.
Service later.  Neither work.

What is the console output?  I modified the batch file to output some
variables.  I tried to set the NODE_IP_ADDRESS and received the same error.

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:
______________________________________
erl started
______________________________________
**********************************
RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS=1XX.2XX.1XX.2XX
ERLANG_HOME=D:\Program Files\DRS\DRS Web\erl5.7.4
RABBITMQ_EBIN_PATH=
RABBITMQ_BOOT_FILE=D:/ProgramData/DRS/DRS
Web/RabbitDB/db/rabbit at UXXXXXXZ-mnesia\plugins-scratch\rabbit
RABBITMQ_CONFIG_ARG=
RABBITMQ_NODENAME=rabbit at UTINHPRZ
RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE=D:/ProgramData/DRS/DRS Web/RabbitDB/log
RABBITMQ_MNESIA_DIR=D:/ProgramData/DRS/DRS
Web/RabbitDB/db/rabbit at UXXXXXXZ-mnesia
CLUSTER_CONFIG=
RABBITMQ_SERVER_START_ARGS=
STAR=
**********************************
{"Kernel pid
terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,os_mon,{shutdown,{os_mon,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

Does %APPDATA%\RabbitMQ not contain anything at all? It contains the DB and
logs directory and some files.
In the "...mnesia\plugins-scratch\" folder there is a rabbit.boot,
rabbit.rel, rabbit.script.  In the logs directory there are logs, but they
are empty.

Do you get the same error when you use the new windows installer? Yes.

The installation process works on XP, Vista and Windows 2003.  The only
difference I have found on this box is the multiple network cards.

Thanks in advance,
Paul