[rabbitmq-discuss] maximum number of amqp connections to a rabbitmq broker

Matt Sweeney mattswe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:03:30 GMT 2011

> The usual assumption is that clients that do not need to be connected
> will disconnect, the server won't do it for them ;-)

That's how I assumed it worked.. but I seem to be accumulating connections
at an alarming rate, even after they're no longer in use. Maybe I'm doing
something wrong with the connections themselves?

I'm using Pika to connect, with code that looks something like this: (the
"demo_send" portion)
http://pika.github.com/examples.html#id4

and then terminating the connection with `connection.close()`

does anything jump out as wrong with that?