[rabbitmq-discuss] Thoughts from a new user

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Sat Sep 25 03:23:12 BST 2010

Matthias,

Ubuntu is an excellent example. They have quite a rigid release regime, so
> it can take a while for an upstream package to make it into a release.
> Ubuntu users are used to that. The question is, what do homebrew users
> expect?
>
> We do have contacts at Canonical who we liaise with regarding the rabbitmq
> packaging. Quite a few issues with rabbit and its packaging have been
> resolved that way.  We'd like that situation to be the same for homebrew one
> day. Let's see what we can do in the meantime ...
>

> Homebrew is kind of a ... 'homebrew' right now.  I wish this hadn't been
picked up as the main point of the thread, because it's really the most
minor point - meant more as an example than anything else.

Anyway, here are some instructions:

http://ask.github.com/celery/getting-started/broker-installation.html#installing-rabbitmq-on-os-x

Thanks,
Adam