[rabbitmq-discuss] Help with shovel plug-in

Paulo Machado machado at zlw-ima.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 9 14:02:00 BST 2010

  Hi everyone,

sorry to bother with a total newbie doubts, but that's what I am,
concerning rabbitmq/EMS. I've looked to the mailing list archive and
couldn't find no help, so here I am.
So, to the point, I need to configure two brokers one of them shoveling
messages to the other, but I can manage to make it work. The current
setup is (on both brokers):
- erlang R13B04
- rabbitmq sources up to date (repo clone)
- shovel plug-in up to date (repo clone)
The rabbitmq works out of the box (after compiling...), but not when I
try to use shoveling. I used the README file in the shovel plugin repo
as guide, and I'm using the java-rabbitmq-client examples to test it.
And when I call the producer with explicit destination (i.e. IP or
hostname) it works, so I can conclude is not a network issue. Also, when
I start the brokers it show the shovel_plugin as an active plug-in. So
my questions are:
- do I need to install any other plugin?
- how can I debug/log the broker activity?
- do I need make any special configuration to the rabbitmq or just
configure the shovel-plugin? (on both brokers?)

Attached the config file used in the shoveling broker.
Right now I need to setup a working test environment, so there's no need
to refined configuration, just one that works!

thanks for your time,

--
Paulo S. Machado
Zentrum für Lern- und Wissensmanagement und

Center for Learning and Knowledge Management and
Department of Information Management in Mechanical Engineering

Dennewartstr. 27, D-52068 Aachen
Telefon: +49 241 80-911-96
Fax    : +49 241 80-911-22
E-Mail :machado at zlw-ima.rwth-aachen.de