[rabbitmq-discuss] Help with shovel plug-in

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 9 14:15:24 BST 2010

Hi Paulo,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 03:02:00PM +0200, Paulo Machado wrote:
> So, to the point, I need to configure two brokers one of them
> shoveling messages to the other, but I can manage to make it work.
> The current setup is (on both brokers):
> - erlang R13B04
> - rabbitmq sources up to date (repo clone)
> - shovel plug-in up to date (repo clone)

The most likely issue is that you're running the latest default on the
broker and the erlang client. They currently don't work together owing
to a major change, the mirror image of which, for the client, is taking
a while to get through QA.

Your best bet is to:

(cd rabbitmq-server && hg up -C rabbitmq_v2_0_0 && make clean && make -j)
(cd rabbitmq-erlang-client && hg up -C rabbitmq_v2_0_0 && make clean && make -j)
(cd rabbitmq-shovel && make clean && make)

You should then find that the shovel works in the broker.

If not, I suspect the log files will tell us the most - if you still
can't get it to work, there may be information in the logs that
indicated why.

Matthew