[rabbitmq-discuss] BasicPublish() from .NET client hangs after upgrading server to 1.7.1

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jan 28 11:40:27 GMT 2010

Glenn,

glenner wrote:
> After upgrading the server to 1.7.1 my client hangs forever on the
> BasicPublish() line using the following code.

That's probably due to the improved memory monitoring telling the
producers to pause in order to prevent the server from running out of
memory. Do you see any alarms in the rabbit.log?

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#memsup for instructions on
how to adjust the memory limits.

> Another unrelated issue: i had to add quotes to the following line in
> rabbitmq-server.bat to get the script running:
>     set RABBITMQ_BOOT_FILE=%RABBITMQ_EBIN_ROOT%\rabbit
>
> changed to :    set RABBITMQ_BOOT_FILE="%RABBITMQ_EBIN_ROOT%\rabbit"

Really? Even in the 1.7.1 script? What error do you get?

Regards,

Matthias.