[rabbitmq-discuss] BasicPublish() from .NET client hangs after upgrading server to 1.7.1

glenner glenn.ergeerts at artesis.be
Thu Jan 28 11:26:21 GMT 2010

Hi,

After upgrading the server to 1.7.1 my client hangs forever on the
BasicPublish() line using the following code.

            using (IConnection connection = new
ConnectionFactory().CreateConnection(this.serverAddress))
            {
                using (IModel channel = connection.CreateModel())
                {
                    channel.BasicReturn += new
BasicReturnEventHandler(OnChannelBasicReturn);
                    channel.ExchangeDeclare("", ExchangeType.Direct);
                    channel.QueueBind(EventBrokerQueueName, "", "", false,
null);
                    channel.BasicPublish("", "", true, true, null,
subscriptionRequestMessage.Serialize());
                }
            }

Switching back to 1.7.0 fixes this. I am using v1.7.1 of the .NET client dll
in both cases.
Has anyone got an idea?

Another unrelated issue: i had to add quotes to the following line in
rabbitmq-server.bat to get the script running:
    set RABBITMQ_BOOT_FILE=%RABBITMQ_EBIN_ROOT%\rabbit

changed to :    set RABBITMQ_BOOT_FILE="%RABBITMQ_EBIN_ROOT%\rabbit"

regards,
Glenn