[rabbitmq-discuss] Controlling queue size

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:05:20 GMT 2010

Gustavo,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Gustavo Aquino
<aquino.gustavo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremy,
> Thanks, but I need another way to control the queue size,  I'm very scared
> with memory limitation in RabbitMQ. I'm doing some testes and all the time
> that RabbitMQ consume all server's memory, caused by one producer without
> consumer, it crashes. Therefore we need a way to monitoring this or one
> configuration that solve it, I would prefer a solution to put a limitation
> by server side, persisting this message on disk, or reject message, or other
> algorithm while memory still full that don't crash server.

There is more info about channel.flow here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html

This should give you a way to monitor memory use and tell producers to back off.

> Some queues can loose messages, but others can't loose about that I'm trying
> to found some solutions to cover this problem.

Can you describe what you are doing in more detail?

That will help us address your problem and (I hope) help you fix them.

alexis