[rabbitmq-discuss] Exactly Once Delivery

John Apps johndapps at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 09:41:24 BST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 12:30, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:

> Alexis Richardson wrote:
>
>  Quantum mechanics may offer a way to avoid messages ever being lost, but
>>> I suspect that's probably not going to be sorted out in time for
>>> RabbitMQ 3.0.
>>>

>> This would be renamed QbitMQ.  Delivery would be determined by opening
>> a box.  No bunnies would be harmed in this experiment.

Thus spoke the CEO - end of discussion!

> Even better:
>
> If message is missing, try to guess what was that the sender intended to
> send. Deliver it to the receiver. If it turns out later on that the guess
> was incorrect, cancel the transaction. Additional advantage is that you can
> get negative latencies this way.
>
> Martin

It is good to see humour in discussions of this nature; it would be even
better if those implementing the applications were to share the same humour!
I suspect the world of open source is at times a different one to that which
I seem to work in. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

---
John Apps
(49) 171 869 1813